Degenberg Weissbier – An Original Taste
Are you looking for the oldest wheat beer brand? Baron von Degenberg was granted in 1548 the first license worldwide to open a Weissbier/Wheat Beer brewery.
Degenberg pours as a golden rich and weighty wheat beer with fine lacey bubbles. Its perfect balance is also experienced in its malty smell, subtle undertone of clove, and layers of citrus fruit and banana. These flavours meld together brilliantly, delivering one of the most flavour filled wheat beers available. The crisp citrusy finish makes Degenberg a most refreshing draught that is so drinkable it goes perfectly with any food.
Stands above Other Wheat Beers
- Degenberg was rated on par with Weihenstephaner – achieving a 4.5/5 quality score*
- Ranked #1 for Flavor amongst all leading Wheat Beer competitors ** • Tells the historic story of the beer on the package.
- Blue and gold House of Degenberger design makes significant shelf impact.
- Degenberg’s heritage and flavour complexity elevates the craft beer category by appealing to the beer drinker’s interest in more natural and traditional beers.
* Independent Quality test (Toronto, Canada 2017) measuring Foam, Nose, Palate, Finish and Overall rating. Wheat Beers reviewed: Paulaner, Erdinger, Hoegaarden, Weihenstephaner, Side Launch, Shock Top Belgian White, Kronenbourg 1664, and Degenberg. ** Although Weihenstephaner and Degenberg achieved a parity quality score of 4.5/5, Degenberg was ranked #1 for overall flavor (full body and smooth balanced flavor).